Wildlife experts are preparing to scoop hundreds of fish from a rockery pond as part of essential maintenance works.
Brighton’s Preston Park pond is undergoing repairs for the first time in nearly two decades in an attempt to fix a leak.
The six-week project will see workmen carefully remove the fish before draining the pond and patching up any leaks.
Simon Reed, of Edburton Contractors, said: “We can’t be certain how many fish are in there but we know there are carp, perch, coy carp and even goldfish.
“I think people must throw their fish in there when they get too big for their tanks at home.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton is an open and international city and must remain so say civic leaders
- Kyle: Corbyn has let his country down
- Teenage boy denies three counts of rape
- Joe Wicks, aka The Body Coach, will be in Brighton today
- Five miles of tailbacks caused by serious crash involving motorcyclist