Wildlife experts are preparing to scoop hundreds of fish from a rockery pond as part of essential maintenance works.
Brighton’s Preston Park pond is undergoing repairs for the first time in nearly two decades in an attempt to fix a leak.
The six-week project will see workmen carefully remove the fish before draining the pond and patching up any leaks.
Simon Reed, of Edburton Contractors, said: “We can’t be certain how many fish are in there but we know there are carp, perch, coy carp and even goldfish.
“I think people must throw their fish in there when they get too big for their tanks at home.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Flash-floods wreak havoc in and around Brighton
- Safety warning after gas cylinder catches fire at family barbecue
- AT LAST! How to stop nuisance PPI calls with one text message
- Last chance to see exhibition of work by master forger
- 10 funny ways of dealing with cold callers