Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Nets are at the ready to repair leak in Brighton park pond
7:40pm Wednesday 9th January 2013 in News
Wildlife experts are preparing to scoop hundreds of fish from a rockery pond as part of essential maintenance works.
Brighton’s Preston Park pond is undergoing repairs for the first time in nearly two decades in an attempt to fix a leak.
The six-week project will see workmen carefully remove the fish before draining the pond and patching up any leaks.
Simon Reed, of Edburton Contractors, said: “We can’t be certain how many fish are in there but we know there are carp, perch, coy carp and even goldfish.
“I think people must throw their fish in there when they get too big for their tanks at home.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Flooded residents told: Don't blame it on the drains
- Violence spike did not occur during World Cup – Sussex Police
- Huge step for i360 as first ground is broken
- Victims told to choose the punishment for their tormentors
- Man accused of Buckingham Palace bribes
Comments are closed on this article.