Wildlife experts are preparing to scoop hundreds of fish from a rockery pond as part of essential maintenance works.
Brighton’s Preston Park pond is undergoing repairs for the first time in nearly two decades in an attempt to fix a leak.
The six-week project will see workmen carefully remove the fish before draining the pond and patching up any leaks.
Simon Reed, of Edburton Contractors, said: “We can’t be certain how many fish are in there but we know there are carp, perch, coy carp and even goldfish.
“I think people must throw their fish in there when they get too big for their tanks at home.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATED: Mother of mentally ill road murder accused says he was failed by health experts
- Armed officers raid flat following two hour stand off
- Teenage cyclist seriously injured in hit-and-run
- Government 'must make up its mind' on airport expansion
- UPDATED: 'Expect delays for rest of week', train passengers warned