The former head of the busiest hospital trust in Sussex has been tipped as one of ten people to watch this year.
Duncan Selbie left his job as chief executive of Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust last May.
He left to take up a role as the new chief executive of Public Health England.
This is a body set up to “protect and improve the nation’s health and wellbeing and to reduce inequalities”.
The aim will be to promote the sort of national health measures that stop people needing the NHS in the first place.
Mr Selbie was placed at number six among the ten people to watch in the field of science, according to The Times.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- We're fighting a Trip Advisor ‘vendetta’ says cafe owner Fatboy Slim
- Demolition to make way for 170,000sqft extension of shopping centre underway
- Office block with shops near station sells for £12.6 million
- It's a place on the up! Sunshine capital sees property price boom
- A permanent sign of promotion as loyal Albion fans make their mark