The former head of the busiest hospital trust in Sussex has been tipped as one of ten people to watch this year.
Duncan Selbie left his job as chief executive of Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust last May.
He left to take up a role as the new chief executive of Public Health England.
This is a body set up to “protect and improve the nation’s health and wellbeing and to reduce inequalities”.
The aim will be to promote the sort of national health measures that stop people needing the NHS in the first place.
Mr Selbie was placed at number six among the ten people to watch in the field of science, according to The Times.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Well known Hove jewellers close after 57 years in business
- Roadworks on one of Sussex's busiest roads to close lanes and see speed limit drop to 40mph
- Snow alert: Five of the best pictures as the white stuff falls in Sussex again
- Pensioners petition for bus access
- Volunteers create butterfly haven