Plans for how a decision will be made about who will run Sussex’s railways will be revealed next month.
A new rail franchise had been due to take over in September, covering the existing First Capital Connect services to and from Brighton along the main line through London Bridge and to and from destinations north of London.
Southern services that operate across Sussex are to be amalgamated into the new franchise in 2015.
Yesterday the Government announced it would reveal in February how it would decide who would get the contract.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- It's our birthday: The Argus celebrates 135 years
- Man charged with attempted murder after woman stabbed multiple times
- Hospital scare for girl after she sits on used needle
- Police return to area where murdered student found
- Firefighters drafted in to help rescue seagull trapped in netting