Plans for how a decision will be made about who will run Sussex’s railways will be revealed next month.
A new rail franchise had been due to take over in September, covering the existing First Capital Connect services to and from Brighton along the main line through London Bridge and to and from destinations north of London.
Southern services that operate across Sussex are to be amalgamated into the new franchise in 2015.
Yesterday the Government announced it would reveal in February how it would decide who would get the contract.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Third day of delays for commuters following signalling problem
- After three crashes in five minutes, new £600k cycle lane branded a ‘death trap’
- Mother pays tribute to son, 22, killed in Handcross crash which also claimed the life of 21-year-old friend
- Queues on the A23 following multiple vehicle accident
- MPs call for train companies to take action over frequent delays and disruption to services on Brighton main line