Plans for how a decision will be made about who will run Sussex’s railways will be revealed next month.
A new rail franchise had been due to take over in September, covering the existing First Capital Connect services to and from Brighton along the main line through London Bridge and to and from destinations north of London.
Southern services that operate across Sussex are to be amalgamated into the new franchise in 2015.
Yesterday the Government announced it would reveal in February how it would decide who would get the contract.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Child hit by car on road near school
- UPDATE: War hero's grieving mum robbed of final memories
- Student admits Gatwick Airport flight bomb hoax
- School say it will be "business as usual" while investigation into controversial headteacher James Fox is carried out
- CCTV: Pirate attacks man during family fun-day