Plans for how a decision will be made about who will run Sussex’s railways will be revealed next month.
A new rail franchise had been due to take over in September, covering the existing First Capital Connect services to and from Brighton along the main line through London Bridge and to and from destinations north of London.
Southern services that operate across Sussex are to be amalgamated into the new franchise in 2015.
Yesterday the Government announced it would reveal in February how it would decide who would get the contract.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Biggest cliff fall in 50 years hits beauty spot
- Hove estate agent tells tribunal of sexual harassment at Worthing firm
- Police looking for woman who "damaged washing machine"
- Man arrested following police car chase
- Delays on trains between Brighton and London