Plans for how a decision will be made about who will run Sussex’s railways will be revealed next month.
A new rail franchise had been due to take over in September, covering the existing First Capital Connect services to and from Brighton along the main line through London Bridge and to and from destinations north of London.
Southern services that operate across Sussex are to be amalgamated into the new franchise in 2015.
Yesterday the Government announced it would reveal in February how it would decide who would get the contract.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Electrical fault with a solar panel believed to have caused fire at Hove Town Hall
- Two people found dead after concerned care worker phones police
- Student suffers fractured skull after being hit by bus
- Ice cream sales hotting up with temperatures set to be better than Algiers, Budapest and Bucharest
- Woman trapped in car following crash on A27 westbound near Lewes