Plans for how a decision will be made about who will run Sussex’s railways will be revealed next month.
A new rail franchise had been due to take over in September, covering the existing First Capital Connect services to and from Brighton along the main line through London Bridge and to and from destinations north of London.
Southern services that operate across Sussex are to be amalgamated into the new franchise in 2015.
Yesterday the Government announced it would reveal in February how it would decide who would get the contract.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Police hunt man after girl, 14, raped near field in Ovingdean
- VIDEO: Tragedy feared from planes flying ‘dangerously low’ over Shoreham
- Mum quits job to enter competitions full time after winning £250,000 in prizes
- Tributes flood in as TV Santa dies
- Teacher tells dying girl - who also suffers from alopecia - to remove wig