Plans for how a decision will be made about who will run Sussex’s railways will be revealed next month.
A new rail franchise had been due to take over in September, covering the existing First Capital Connect services to and from Brighton along the main line through London Bridge and to and from destinations north of London.
Southern services that operate across Sussex are to be amalgamated into the new franchise in 2015.
Yesterday the Government announced it would reveal in February how it would decide who would get the contract.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton shooting was "targeted attack"
- All they want is a place to play - The Argus launches Save Our Centres campaign
- Councillors reject plans for 85 homes on green field site in Ovingdean
- Popular Brighton seafront nightclub to close its doors at the end of February for major refurbishment
- Historic restaurant put on the market for £500,000 after proprietors retire