Plans for how a decision will be made about who will run Sussex’s railways will be revealed next month.
A new rail franchise had been due to take over in September, covering the existing First Capital Connect services to and from Brighton along the main line through London Bridge and to and from destinations north of London.
Southern services that operate across Sussex are to be amalgamated into the new franchise in 2015.
Yesterday the Government announced it would reveal in February how it would decide who would get the contract.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- PICTURE GALLERY: Thousands show their support for the Seagulls in blue and white
- Katy Bourne re-elected PCC for the next four years
- Police and Crime Commissioner election - counting the votes
- Albion promotion could be worth £290m if they stay up
- MP claims conductor sickness is industrial action as relations hit new low