Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Plans to run Sussex railways will be revealed
9:46am Friday 11th January 2013 in News
Plans for how a decision will be made about who will run Sussex’s railways will be revealed next month.
A new rail franchise had been due to take over in September, covering the existing First Capital Connect services to and from Brighton along the main line through London Bridge and to and from destinations north of London.
Southern services that operate across Sussex are to be amalgamated into the new franchise in 2015.
Yesterday the Government announced it would reveal in February how it would decide who would get the contract.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Worthing flat fire broke out in large cannabis factory
- Cycle and bus lane deemed a success
- 'We need to do more to protect cyclists'
- Timely donation secures Burning the Clocks event
- £15m Lanes project gets green light
Comments are closed on this article.