Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Antiques Roadshow filming day to promote Sussex resort
5:31pm Friday 11th January 2013 in News
Antiques experts will provide free on-the-spot valuations to people’s heirlooms when a popular television programme visits Sussex.
Eastbourne Bandstand has been chosen to host filming of BBC One’s Antiques Roadshow.
Residents and visitors are invited to raid their attics and bring along family heirlooms, household treasures and car boot bargains for inspection by the experts.
Carolyn Heaps, Eastbourne Borough Council’s cabinet member for tourism, said: “This is fantastic news for Eastbourne and what a great opportunity to showcase our stunning seafront on prime-time TV.
“The bandstand has a fascinating history and I am sure will make a great venue for the programme.”
Filming will take place on May 23 from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Series organisers are expecting up to 2,000 people.
Series editor Simon Shaw said: “The team are all looking forward to visiting Eastbourne. It’s always exciting to see what will come to light on the day.
“Despite the high turnout everyone will get to see an expert.”
For more details call 0117 974 2395 or visit www.bbc.co.uk/antiquesroadshow.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Sussex families tell how they have been ripped apart by school bullying
- Man charged in University of Sussex trafficking case following extradition
- Greater Brighton "City Deal" signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- Agatha Christie whodunnit gremlins leave Eastbourne audience in the dark
- Meet Your Argus - in the pub
Comments are closed on this article.