Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Divers leap into River Arun for charity
7:30pm Monday 14th January 2013 in News
Buy this photo » Divers leap into River Arun for charity
These fearless fundraisers took a plunge into freezing cold waters for a good cause.
The brave souls jumped into the chilly River Arun yesterday during the annual Littlehampton Leap.
Scores of warmly wrapped-up onlookers lined the footbridge to watch the daring divers dropping like stones into the water.
Some took on the challenge in fancy dress with two penguins and a superhero among those taking part.
All money raised went to the Littlehampton Carnival Association which raises cash for local charities.
The first jump was organised back in 1982 after the Pen Lee lifeboat disaster in December 1981. Since then over £20,000 has been raised for good causes.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton mechanic crushed after 2.5 tonne car falls on him
- Bradley Murdoch reportedly drops appeal following conviction for murdering Peter Falconio
- Hand grenade discovered in garden
- Man perches on 25ft drop for three hours
- Western Road blocked due to emergency gasworks outside KFC
Comments are closed on this article.