A port is proving a good catch.
Dominic Camilleri has claimed a club record at Shoreham Port.
He pulled in a gigantic cod weighing 40lb 12oz.
Mr Camilleri is a member of the South Coast Angling Club based in Shoreham. They have beaten the club record four times in two months fishing at Shoreham Port.
South Coast Angling Club Secretary Reg Phillips said: “We really have enjoyed a cracking run of fish from our waters of late, and the recent run of form has got our members wondering if there is a 50 out there that can be lured to the scales. I certainly wouldn’t bet against it.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Pavilion Gardens in Brighton sealed off after man stabbed in the back
- Volunteers needed for Brighton's Color Run this afternoon
- Parents’ shock at STI tests offered to 15-year-olds in Brighton and Hove schools
- What could be the lasting impact of the Scottish referendum for the people of Sussex be?
- Sussex MP blasts 10% pay rise which would add £7k to their salaries as ‘out of touch’