A port is proving a good catch.
Dominic Camilleri has claimed a club record at Shoreham Port.
He pulled in a gigantic cod weighing 40lb 12oz.
Mr Camilleri is a member of the South Coast Angling Club based in Shoreham. They have beaten the club record four times in two months fishing at Shoreham Port.
South Coast Angling Club Secretary Reg Phillips said: “We really have enjoyed a cracking run of fish from our waters of late, and the recent run of form has got our members wondering if there is a 50 out there that can be lured to the scales. I certainly wouldn’t bet against it.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Students left in tears after being forced to abandon exams due to bomb hoax
- Hove MP implores youth vote to help decide the EU referendum for Remain
- Arundel bypass route through Binsted would be 'death' of village, say campaigners
- The Argus Santa Bus brings in a record of close to £30,000 for charity
- Ridgeview wines from Sussex are the tipple of choice for No 10