A port is proving a good catch.
Dominic Camilleri has claimed a club record at Shoreham Port.
He pulled in a gigantic cod weighing 40lb 12oz.
Mr Camilleri is a member of the South Coast Angling Club based in Shoreham. They have beaten the club record four times in two months fishing at Shoreham Port.
South Coast Angling Club Secretary Reg Phillips said: “We really have enjoyed a cracking run of fish from our waters of late, and the recent run of form has got our members wondering if there is a 50 out there that can be lured to the scales. I certainly wouldn’t bet against it.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man, 19, arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after moped rider stabbed
- Brighton and Hove parents targeted in anti-terror campaign
- Wind farm equipment to be escorted today; delays expected between Lewes and Polegate
- Ten car pile-up on M23 - severe delays but lane due to re-open in next hour
- Brother of Camber drowning victim says council should apologise