A port is proving a good catch.
Dominic Camilleri has claimed a club record at Shoreham Port.
He pulled in a gigantic cod weighing 40lb 12oz.
Mr Camilleri is a member of the South Coast Angling Club based in Shoreham. They have beaten the club record four times in two months fishing at Shoreham Port.
South Coast Angling Club Secretary Reg Phillips said: “We really have enjoyed a cracking run of fish from our waters of late, and the recent run of form has got our members wondering if there is a 50 out there that can be lured to the scales. I certainly wouldn’t bet against it.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Thousands raised in one day after death of Alex Maynard from Brighton
- Parents ‘horrified’ by rape of 14-year-old girl in Ovingdean nature reserve
- Bonfire society to charge an admission fee for the first time to Lewes biggest fireworks night event
- UPDATED: Man in hospital with life threatening head injuries after being hit by lorry on A259
- Woman jailed after crashing repeatedly while more than five times over drink-drive limit