A port is proving a good catch.
Dominic Camilleri has claimed a club record at Shoreham Port.
He pulled in a gigantic cod weighing 40lb 12oz.
Mr Camilleri is a member of the South Coast Angling Club based in Shoreham. They have beaten the club record four times in two months fishing at Shoreham Port.
South Coast Angling Club Secretary Reg Phillips said: “We really have enjoyed a cracking run of fish from our waters of late, and the recent run of form has got our members wondering if there is a 50 out there that can be lured to the scales. I certainly wouldn’t bet against it.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Two pupils excluded after classmates alert teachers they had knives in their bags
- Slice of Brighton's prime real estate goes on the market for "just" £50m
- Fresh hope in fight to save 145-year-old Brighton pub from development into flats
- Family claim police officers just sat and watched as 19 traveller vehicles moved on to park
- £250,000 to be spent on five police drones - but purchase sparks privacy concerns