A port is proving a good catch.
Dominic Camilleri has claimed a club record at Shoreham Port.
He pulled in a gigantic cod weighing 40lb 12oz.
Mr Camilleri is a member of the South Coast Angling Club based in Shoreham. They have beaten the club record four times in two months fishing at Shoreham Port.
South Coast Angling Club Secretary Reg Phillips said: “We really have enjoyed a cracking run of fish from our waters of late, and the recent run of form has got our members wondering if there is a 50 out there that can be lured to the scales. I certainly wouldn’t bet against it.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Teenager sexually assaulted by man while walking in busy shopping street in broad daylight
- Headteacher off work for weeks after slipping on a NACHO at Mexican-themed quiz evening
- Council planning officers say no grounds to refuse Brighton Wheel bid to stay for five more years
- Council calls on health bosses to resign
- Man, 86, left for an hour unconscious after pressing Careline alert