A port is proving a good catch.
Dominic Camilleri has claimed a club record at Shoreham Port.
He pulled in a gigantic cod weighing 40lb 12oz.
Mr Camilleri is a member of the South Coast Angling Club based in Shoreham. They have beaten the club record four times in two months fishing at Shoreham Port.
South Coast Angling Club Secretary Reg Phillips said: “We really have enjoyed a cracking run of fish from our waters of late, and the recent run of form has got our members wondering if there is a 50 out there that can be lured to the scales. I certainly wouldn’t bet against it.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Convicted murderer released on licence goes on to shoot his neighbour
- Extra steps taken to try to prevent missed opportunities after death of agony aunt Sally Brampton
- Government expects to reach Chagos Island decision within weeks
- Homes for sale in Brighton and Hove are snapped up three weeks faster than the UK average
- Health communications firm scoops award