A port is proving a good catch.
Dominic Camilleri has claimed a club record at Shoreham Port.
He pulled in a gigantic cod weighing 40lb 12oz.
Mr Camilleri is a member of the South Coast Angling Club based in Shoreham. They have beaten the club record four times in two months fishing at Shoreham Port.
South Coast Angling Club Secretary Reg Phillips said: “We really have enjoyed a cracking run of fish from our waters of late, and the recent run of form has got our members wondering if there is a 50 out there that can be lured to the scales. I certainly wouldn’t bet against it.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Couple suspected of Oliver Twist theft of a pram worth £700
- Just 0.88 per cent of Blue Badges being used fraudulently handed in during amnesty
- Great turn out of volunteers who helped clean Brighton beach of litter
- Consultant at the Royal Sussex County Hospital fired after ‘racist’ comments
- Brighton police tell woman her parents have died in Tunisia