A port is proving a good catch.
Dominic Camilleri has claimed a club record at Shoreham Port.
He pulled in a gigantic cod weighing 40lb 12oz.
Mr Camilleri is a member of the South Coast Angling Club based in Shoreham. They have beaten the club record four times in two months fishing at Shoreham Port.
South Coast Angling Club Secretary Reg Phillips said: “We really have enjoyed a cracking run of fish from our waters of late, and the recent run of form has got our members wondering if there is a 50 out there that can be lured to the scales. I certainly wouldn’t bet against it.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Final Shoreham Airshow crash report to be published next week
- Tributes to player, 31, who collapsed and died on football pitch
- Brighton city centre office block is sold for £11.2 million
- Man, 73, arrested over sending offensive social media messages to two MPs
- Storm Doris is on her way and could bring winds of 70mph to Sussex