A port is proving a good catch.
Dominic Camilleri has claimed a club record at Shoreham Port.
He pulled in a gigantic cod weighing 40lb 12oz.
Mr Camilleri is a member of the South Coast Angling Club based in Shoreham. They have beaten the club record four times in two months fishing at Shoreham Port.
South Coast Angling Club Secretary Reg Phillips said: “We really have enjoyed a cracking run of fish from our waters of late, and the recent run of form has got our members wondering if there is a 50 out there that can be lured to the scales. I certainly wouldn’t bet against it.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- RAF station commander leads tributes to pilots killed in light aircraft crash
- Surf instructor who died aged 21 was "the best soul", friends say
- Man accused of murdering retired solicitor to go on trial
- Unions threaten "new era of industrial relations" after council reshuffle
- Carer still in profession despite lacing juice and porridge with laxatives