A port is proving a good catch.
Dominic Camilleri has claimed a club record at Shoreham Port.
He pulled in a gigantic cod weighing 40lb 12oz.
Mr Camilleri is a member of the South Coast Angling Club based in Shoreham. They have beaten the club record four times in two months fishing at Shoreham Port.
South Coast Angling Club Secretary Reg Phillips said: “We really have enjoyed a cracking run of fish from our waters of late, and the recent run of form has got our members wondering if there is a 50 out there that can be lured to the scales. I certainly wouldn’t bet against it.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Parking firm tells pregnant woman she must pay up
- ‘A car has just come through Mum’s window’
- Bid to make Brighton seafront a year-round attraction
- Jewish couple appalled to find antiques store selling Nazi swastika armband
- Star chef on course to be crowned nation's best