A port is proving a good catch.
Dominic Camilleri has claimed a club record at Shoreham Port.
He pulled in a gigantic cod weighing 40lb 12oz.
Mr Camilleri is a member of the South Coast Angling Club based in Shoreham. They have beaten the club record four times in two months fishing at Shoreham Port.
South Coast Angling Club Secretary Reg Phillips said: “We really have enjoyed a cracking run of fish from our waters of late, and the recent run of form has got our members wondering if there is a 50 out there that can be lured to the scales. I certainly wouldn’t bet against it.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton and Hove Cityclean workers set to strike three times in two weeks
- Fight to save Brighton's Hippodrome from redevelopment into eight-screen cinema appears over after planning application isn't called in
- Rooftop man pleads guilty to wasting police time after 30 officers involved in four and a half hour standoff
- Prison officer set upon by three inmates in Lewes Prison is hospitalised
- Mother Nature brings her show to Sussex