Councillors have agreed to give owners of a troubled nightclub a second chance by agreeing not to revoke their licence.
Worthing Borough Council's licensing committee last night (January 23) agreed to allow the management of the Liquid Lounge and Light Bar in Worthing to retain their licence as long as they stick to new conditions on its licence.
The clubs will reopen under different names after serving a three weeks imposed closure.
As part of a memorandium of agreement drawn up with Sussex Police prior to the meeting, the club owners will have to have an ID scanner in place on their door, door staff will have to wear video equipment and glass bottles will not be allowed to be served to customers.
The committee also called on a stop of the "Ibiza" style drinking games held at the club.
For a full report on the committee's decision see Friday's Argus.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Sunshine capital in top 10 for bargain breaks
- Bearded men urged to come clean for charity
- Twitchers prepare for three days’ birdwatching
- Wishing well raises £900 for two charities
- All hail the return of the Palace to our Pier's name