Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Onesies get thumbs down at Sussex school
7:10pm Monday 28th January 2013 in News
Teenage pupils have been told off for wearing onesies to school.
Students at Chailey School have been sporting onesies – which are effectively giant baby grows – to class last week.
They sported the unusual garments after teachers said they were allowed to wear warmer clothes as temperatures plummeted to -4C.
Staff, however, meant thick jumpers and gloves. But some pupils opted to wear the fashionable all-in-one pyjama-style outfits favoured by the likes of The Only Way is Essex’s Joey Essex.
In a letter to parents – seen by the newspaper – the school said: “Could I please point out that it is not appropriate or acceptable – as has occurred in a few cases – for students to wear ‘onesies’ or shorts.
“Jeans or trousers and jumper/fleece and a warm jacket, hat and gloves are appropriate of course.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- £30m redevelopment plans revealed for two Sussex hospitals
- New map reveals 20mph zone for Brighton and Hove
- Phoenix the cat from Arundel survives tumble dryer trip
- Next year's Pride looks to go international with Freedom to Live theme
- Fire service to slash budget by almost a fifth in five years - but plans discussed in private
Comments are closed on this article.