Teenage pupils have been told off for wearing onesies to school.
Students at Chailey School have been sporting onesies – which are effectively giant baby grows – to class last week.
They sported the unusual garments after teachers said they were allowed to wear warmer clothes as temperatures plummeted to -4C.
Staff, however, meant thick jumpers and gloves. But some pupils opted to wear the fashionable all-in-one pyjama-style outfits favoured by the likes of The Only Way is Essex’s Joey Essex.
In a letter to parents – seen by the newspaper – the school said: “Could I please point out that it is not appropriate or acceptable – as has occurred in a few cases – for students to wear ‘onesies’ or shorts.
“Jeans or trousers and jumper/fleece and a warm jacket, hat and gloves are appropriate of course.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Father and son beam with pride moments before tragedy
- Lucas: Election needed as government has no mandate to negotiate Brexit
- Brexit star takes swipe at 'attention seeking' Farage
- A tale of two High Streets: So much information and not enough facts
- Campaigner wins High Court battle over 'unlawful' meadow development