A teenager who died in the Alps has been named locally as Lucy Sallis.
Lucy, 19, was from Bognor.
Today (January 30) tributes began to pour into Lucy on Twitter.
One friend said: “I love you Lucy Sallis you beautiful, beautiful girl. Rest in Peace.”
Lucy drowned at a French ski resort after climbing a fence to take a late-night swim at an outdoor pool, police said.
It is believed Lucy had been working in the kitchen at La Belle Aurore hotel in Alpe d’Huez in south-eastern France when the incident happened late on Tuesday night (January 29).
Police said that the group scaled a two-metre fence to gain access to the pool and Lucy got trapped under the sheeting.
Yesterday a person at her address declined to speak to The Argus. Pay tribute to Lucy. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Bomb scare at Brighton and Hove High School
- Man padlocked himself to lorry as police try to evict Brighton squatters
- Medics who aided Shoreham Airshow disaster survivors honoured for bravery
- Blundering cops wrongly seize poppers believing they were illegal
- i360 tower jobs with British Airways uniform take off