A giant 35-tonne crane left seafront visitors with sore necks yesterday (February 4) as it carried out work on a nearby hotel.
Brighton’s Black Lion Street was shut off for much of the day as the piece of machinery lifted a new 10-tonne chiller into the Thistle Hotel.
Workmen first removed the existing chiller from the roof before the new £230,000 piece of kit was hoisted into place.
The road, which links the seafront to the heart of Brighton’s Lanes, was closed to traffic and pedestrians from 8am to 3pm.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Four men jailed for arranging prostitution of Brighton 16-year-old
- Bus company to review policy of allowing passengers to board its vehicles with hot food following passenger's 20 minute stand off with driver
- Disabled man fighting for life after street attack
- Boy left "shaken" after stranger grabs him in Tesco while he looked at Easter eggs
- Man repeatedly gropes woman as she tries to walk home