Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Central Brighton road is closed for giant crane
9:30am Tuesday 5th February 2013 in News
A giant 35-tonne crane left seafront visitors with sore necks yesterday (February 4) as it carried out work on a nearby hotel.
Brighton’s Black Lion Street was shut off for much of the day as the piece of machinery lifted a new 10-tonne chiller into the Thistle Hotel.
Workmen first removed the existing chiller from the roof before the new £230,000 piece of kit was hoisted into place.
The road, which links the seafront to the heart of Brighton’s Lanes, was closed to traffic and pedestrians from 8am to 3pm.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Drugs mule who attempted to smuggle 70 bags of cocaine into Gatwick Airport is jailed
- Man dies after plunging 30ft from cliff
- Investigation launched after man dies three days after police arrest
- Gang steals watch with connection to Auschwitz
- Refurbished park gets coveted Green Flag status in record-breaking year
Comments are closed on this article.