A giant 35-tonne crane left seafront visitors with sore necks yesterday (February 4) as it carried out work on a nearby hotel.
Brighton’s Black Lion Street was shut off for much of the day as the piece of machinery lifted a new 10-tonne chiller into the Thistle Hotel.
Workmen first removed the existing chiller from the roof before the new £230,000 piece of kit was hoisted into place.
The road, which links the seafront to the heart of Brighton’s Lanes, was closed to traffic and pedestrians from 8am to 3pm.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Southern Railway conductors announce plans for a FIVE day strike
- Most overcrowded train service runs out of Brighton station, new figures reveal
- Police officer charged with theft of force property
- Final suspect in mistaken-identity shooting found not guilty after retrial
- VIDEO: Man, 21, arrested after police pursuit ends up with car smashing into wall