A giant 35-tonne crane left seafront visitors with sore necks yesterday (February 4) as it carried out work on a nearby hotel.
Brighton’s Black Lion Street was shut off for much of the day as the piece of machinery lifted a new 10-tonne chiller into the Thistle Hotel.
Workmen first removed the existing chiller from the roof before the new £230,000 piece of kit was hoisted into place.
The road, which links the seafront to the heart of Brighton’s Lanes, was closed to traffic and pedestrians from 8am to 3pm.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Thousands raised in one day after death of Alex Maynard from Brighton
- Parents ‘horrified’ by rape of 14-year-old girl in Ovingdean nature reserve
- Bonfire society to charge an admission fee for the first time to Lewes biggest fireworks night event
- UPDATED: Man in hospital with life threatening head injuries after being hit by lorry on A259
- Saltdean jihadi is "willing to die" to warn-torn Syria