A giant 35-tonne crane left seafront visitors with sore necks yesterday (February 4) as it carried out work on a nearby hotel.
Brighton’s Black Lion Street was shut off for much of the day as the piece of machinery lifted a new 10-tonne chiller into the Thistle Hotel.
Workmen first removed the existing chiller from the roof before the new £230,000 piece of kit was hoisted into place.
The road, which links the seafront to the heart of Brighton’s Lanes, was closed to traffic and pedestrians from 8am to 3pm.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man arrested for attempted murder after knife attack
- Pedophile jailed for 14 years after members of the public set up sting to catch him
- Widow burgled as she buried husband
- Brighton market to change its name after first failed spelling test
- Can you help find missing 16-year-old?