Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Central Brighton road is closed for giant crane
9:30am Tuesday 5th February 2013 in News
A giant 35-tonne crane left seafront visitors with sore necks yesterday (February 4) as it carried out work on a nearby hotel.
Brighton’s Black Lion Street was shut off for much of the day as the piece of machinery lifted a new 10-tonne chiller into the Thistle Hotel.
Workmen first removed the existing chiller from the roof before the new £230,000 piece of kit was hoisted into place.
The road, which links the seafront to the heart of Brighton’s Lanes, was closed to traffic and pedestrians from 8am to 3pm.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Bookmakers' bid for new Brighton branch
- Sussex MP fails in bid to change gay marriage legislation in Parliament
- Hundreds of women raise thousands for hospice in midnight walk
- 'Enormous cracks' in medieval church in Lewes
- Sussex Police DNA rates criticised