A giant 35-tonne crane left seafront visitors with sore necks yesterday (February 4) as it carried out work on a nearby hotel.
Brighton’s Black Lion Street was shut off for much of the day as the piece of machinery lifted a new 10-tonne chiller into the Thistle Hotel.
Workmen first removed the existing chiller from the roof before the new £230,000 piece of kit was hoisted into place.
The road, which links the seafront to the heart of Brighton’s Lanes, was closed to traffic and pedestrians from 8am to 3pm.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Train compensation scheme "does not go far enough"
- Celebrity chef Jamie Oliver backs #MincePieMonday campaign to raise money for Brighton charity
- Revealed: The winners of The Argus Snowdog selfie competition
- Musician nominated for two top awards
- Warning over new transport body