This dramatic picture shows a man on the floor following an armed siege last night.
The incident led to Preston Circus in Brighton and the roads surrounding it being closed for more than an hour.
This morning a 30-year-old was still in custody having been arrested on suspicion of firearms offences.
Police said they were called to reports of a man with "a gun at a flat in London Road".
A spokeswoman added: "No-one was injured in the incident and Sussex Police would like to thank people for their patience while the roads were closed."
The Argus was at the scene and spoke to people involved.
For the full story see tomorrow's newspaper.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Four men jailed for arranging prostitution of Brighton 16-year-old
- Bus company to review policy of allowing passengers to board its vehicles with hot food following passenger's 20 minute stand off with driver
- Disabled man fighting for life after street attack
- Boy left "shaken" after stranger grabs him in Tesco while he looked at Easter eggs
- Man repeatedly gropes woman as she tries to walk home