This dramatic picture shows a man on the floor following an armed siege last night.
The incident led to Preston Circus in Brighton and the roads surrounding it being closed for more than an hour.
This morning a 30-year-old was still in custody having been arrested on suspicion of firearms offences.
Police said they were called to reports of a man with "a gun at a flat in London Road".
A spokeswoman added: "No-one was injured in the incident and Sussex Police would like to thank people for their patience while the roads were closed."
The Argus was at the scene and spoke to people involved.
For the full story see tomorrow's newspaper.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton and Hove Cityclean workers set to strike three times in two weeks
- Fight to save Brighton's Hippodrome from redevelopment into eight-screen cinema appears over after planning application isn't called in
- Rooftop man pleads guilty to wasting police time after 30 officers involved in four and a half hour standoff
- Prison officer set upon by three inmates in Lewes Prison is hospitalised
- Mother Nature brings her show to Sussex