This dramatic picture shows a man on the floor following an armed siege last night.
The incident led to Preston Circus in Brighton and the roads surrounding it being closed for more than an hour.
This morning a 30-year-old was still in custody having been arrested on suspicion of firearms offences.
Police said they were called to reports of a man with "a gun at a flat in London Road".
A spokeswoman added: "No-one was injured in the incident and Sussex Police would like to thank people for their patience while the roads were closed."
The Argus was at the scene and spoke to people involved.
For the full story see tomorrow's newspaper.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man arrested after five Brighton and Hove betting shops are vandalised
- In The Dock: Three people who have appeared in court from Hove
- Refuse dispute resolution is ‘very close’ after council leader's 80 minute meeting with bin workers
- Crash driver died from injuries, not heart attack, police say
- Teenagers tricked and blackmailed into sending inappropriate images