This dramatic picture shows a man on the floor following an armed siege last night.
The incident led to Preston Circus in Brighton and the roads surrounding it being closed for more than an hour.
This morning a 30-year-old was still in custody having been arrested on suspicion of firearms offences.
Police said they were called to reports of a man with "a gun at a flat in London Road".
A spokeswoman added: "No-one was injured in the incident and Sussex Police would like to thank people for their patience while the roads were closed."
The Argus was at the scene and spoke to people involved.
For the full story see tomorrow's newspaper.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Council housing chief in £18 million police fraud investigation is sacked from £82,000-a-year post
- Decision on roll out of 20mph speed limits deferred after report criticized as "not clear"
- Man arrested on suspicion of affray following five hour police siege in Burgess Hill
- Men jailed for racist and homophobic attacks
- Fraudsters posing as police wanted over series of scams on pensioners