This dramatic picture shows a man on the floor following an armed siege last night.
The incident led to Preston Circus in Brighton and the roads surrounding it being closed for more than an hour.
This morning a 30-year-old was still in custody having been arrested on suspicion of firearms offences.
Police said they were called to reports of a man with "a gun at a flat in London Road".
A spokeswoman added: "No-one was injured in the incident and Sussex Police would like to thank people for their patience while the roads were closed."
The Argus was at the scene and spoke to people involved.
For the full story see tomorrow's newspaper.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Councillor, 73, arrested and quizzed after wife, 47, stabbed
- Families fear Portslade playground has been 'forgotten’ by Brighton and Hove City Councillors
- Katie Price says there are "just too many roadworks" in Brighton
- Nine shipping containers to house businesses
- First it was ray-repelling paint, now a doctor says a sleeping net over your bed will help avoid the dangers of wifi