A woman sexually assaulted in a Brighton flat was found in a lift.
After the attack, the 25-year-old woman was found by a man with long white hair and a beard, who drove her to the Travelodge in Brighton.
Detective Sergeant Duncan Elliott, of Brighton and Hove CID, said: “The victim is very shaken and at the moment she is not clear on exactly where or when the alleged assault may have taken place.
“Afterwards she was found by a man in a lift in a block of flats, but she cannot remember where these flats were.
“The man was concerned about her and she requested to be taken to the Travelodge in Brighton and he drove her there.”
Police want to speak to the Good Samaritan, who found the victim between noon and 2pm on Friday, February 8.
He is described as white, with long hair and a beard, aged around 50 to 60-years-old.
He was wearing glasses and his name may have been Dave.
DS Elliott said: “He is in no way connected to the alleged assault but could be an important witness for us.
“We are still in the early stages of this investigation and are working to establish the full circumstances of the allegation.
“We do know that the victim had been on a night out in the city but it is unclear how she ended up in the flat.
“The victim is receiving specialist support from officers.”
Anyone with information about the man can contact Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 766 of February 8 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Third day of delays for commuters following signalling problem
- After three crashes in five minutes, new £600k cycle lane branded a ‘death trap’
- Mother pays tribute to son, 22, killed in Handcross crash which also claimed the life of 21-year-old friend
- Queues on the A23 following multiple vehicle accident
- MPs call for train companies to take action over frequent delays and disruption to services on Brighton main line