A woman sexually assaulted in a Brighton flat was found in a lift.
After the attack, the 25-year-old woman was found by a man with long white hair and a beard, who drove her to the Travelodge in Brighton.
Detective Sergeant Duncan Elliott, of Brighton and Hove CID, said: “The victim is very shaken and at the moment she is not clear on exactly where or when the alleged assault may have taken place.
“Afterwards she was found by a man in a lift in a block of flats, but she cannot remember where these flats were.
“The man was concerned about her and she requested to be taken to the Travelodge in Brighton and he drove her there.”
Police want to speak to the Good Samaritan, who found the victim between noon and 2pm on Friday, February 8.
He is described as white, with long hair and a beard, aged around 50 to 60-years-old.
He was wearing glasses and his name may have been Dave.
DS Elliott said: “He is in no way connected to the alleged assault but could be an important witness for us.
“We are still in the early stages of this investigation and are working to establish the full circumstances of the allegation.
“We do know that the victim had been on a night out in the city but it is unclear how she ended up in the flat.
“The victim is receiving specialist support from officers.”
Anyone with information about the man can contact Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 766 of February 8 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Predator who raped a man and a woman on the same night jailed for 20 years
- Polegate councillor appears in court charged with attempted murder of wife
- Councillor in court over attempted murder of his wife
- Families fear Portslade playground has been 'forgotten’ by Brighton and Hove City Councillors
- Angry residents confront councillors and school boss over plans to take over popular park