Coldean enjoyed a range of music and arts and crafts to help celebrate National Libraries Day.
Coldean Library in Brighton marked the event with a Caribbean Carnival, which gave youngsters the chance to play alongside a steel band.
At Whitehawk Library there was a children’s craft session where youngsters learned how to make their own specially designed paper snakes.
The sessions were among several events which were organised at libraries across Brighton and Hove on Saturday.
Hove Library welcomed eight local authors to read from their new and published works, while several community libraries invited customers to discover what their library can offer them over a cup of coffee.
Westdene and Whitehawk’s libraries also had staff showing customers who are new to the internet and computers how to get online and surf the web.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over
- Public park is occupied by travellers