Coldean enjoyed a range of music and arts and crafts to help celebrate National Libraries Day.
Coldean Library in Brighton marked the event with a Caribbean Carnival, which gave youngsters the chance to play alongside a steel band.
At Whitehawk Library there was a children’s craft session where youngsters learned how to make their own specially designed paper snakes.
The sessions were among several events which were organised at libraries across Brighton and Hove on Saturday.
Hove Library welcomed eight local authors to read from their new and published works, while several community libraries invited customers to discover what their library can offer them over a cup of coffee.
Westdene and Whitehawk’s libraries also had staff showing customers who are new to the internet and computers how to get online and surf the web.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- School say it will be "business as usual" while investigation into controversial headteacher James Fox is carried out
- “Unskilled” bin lorry divers will work to rule after one day strike in dispute over their pay grade
- Get the sun cream ready... temperatures set to rise as warm weather hits the south coast
- 97 jobs could go as Phones 4u puts its 19 Sussex stores into administraion
- Noise from Games of Thrones star Hodor's DJ set at University of Sussex freshers rave causes complaints from neighbours