Coldean enjoyed a range of music and arts and crafts to help celebrate National Libraries Day.
Coldean Library in Brighton marked the event with a Caribbean Carnival, which gave youngsters the chance to play alongside a steel band.
At Whitehawk Library there was a children’s craft session where youngsters learned how to make their own specially designed paper snakes.
The sessions were among several events which were organised at libraries across Brighton and Hove on Saturday.
Hove Library welcomed eight local authors to read from their new and published works, while several community libraries invited customers to discover what their library can offer them over a cup of coffee.
Westdene and Whitehawk’s libraries also had staff showing customers who are new to the internet and computers how to get online and surf the web.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Five Sussex Police officers accused of gross misconduct after man dies in custody
- Gran spends nearly £4,000 to protect her house against wi-fi and mobile phone signals
- Brighton earns runners-up place for Britain's best curry
- Plan to redevelop lido could see 2016 opening
- UPDATE: Parking warden pushed to the ground by parent outside school