Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Man arrested on suspicion of stealing Henrys
9:40am Wednesday 13th February 2013 in News
Police think they may have found the man responsible for a series of Henry vacuum cleaner thefts.
A 32-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of stealing 16 of the machines across Sussex.
Several businesses contacted the police after the man asked to borrow a vacuum cleaner but did not take them back.
The thefts started on December 22 when Stallion Chemists in Brighton was targeted.
Then there were visits to Cineworld, Battle of Trafalgar, King & Queen, To Be Worn Again, Brighton Electric Recording Co, Taxi Link, Tenon Recovery, Mulberry Express, Hotel Seattle and Simplicare in Brighton.
Henrys were also borrowed from The Bells Club in Peacehaven and Metrobet in Worthing.
On Thursday police were called to the Journeys Hostel in Richmond Place, Brighton, at 7.55pm after a vacuum cleaner had been borrowed and not returned.
A 32-year-old man from Brighton was arrested on Friday, February 8. He has been bailed until April 4 pending further enquiries.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Woman who died following 'interaction' with police officers in Brighton named as Kelly Pearson
- Man killed after being struck by train at Moulsecoomb named as Mark Ellis, 29
- Teen who was struck by car on M23 as he fled from police is still critically ill one month on
- The Argus and City College '50 in 5’ apprentices drive nearing target
- Police called to fox pelt draped over Newhaven phonebox