A former television broadcaster is facing jail for having some of the most “disgusting” videos to come to light.
Sen Luo, 40, had more than 800 video images on his laptop and hard drives, showing women being tortured and bestiality.
Police discovered the “extreme porn” by accident while conducting an unrelated fraud inquiry.
Suspicions were raised when Luo, who also uses the name Edward Law, refused to answer the door of a house he was living in in Copthorne Road, East Grinstead.
Luo claimed the images were part of his research for a book.
He said he thought it would be a way of making money after fleeing China, where he presented an economics programme, in 2008.
But the Old Bailey jury found him guilty by an 11-1 majority of two counts under a new law of possessing extreme pornography.
Luo, now living in Park Avenue, Dover, Kent, was remanded on bail to be sentenced next month.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- It's our birthday: The Argus celebrates 135 years
- Man charged with attempted murder after woman stabbed multiple times
- Hospital scare for girl after she sits on used needle
- Police return to area where murdered student found
- Firefighters drafted in to help rescue seagull trapped in netting