Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Pro-lifers pray outside Brighton clinic
12:30pm Wednesday 13th February 2013 in News
Anti-abortionists are to pray outside a clinic for the next six weeks.
40 Days of Life is being billed as “the largest and longest coordinated pro-life mobilisation in history”.
As part of the international campaign, a group of pro-lifers will hold vigils from 8am to 8pm outside Wiston clinic in Dyke Road, Brighton.
It will run from today until March 24, the last day of Lent.
Those taking part last year received criticism for “intimidating” women visiting the clinic.
However, co-ordinator Caroline Hubert said all those taking part had to sign a statement of peace, adding the intention was to pray for those involved.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Local heroes in Worthing tackle trouble-making youths - do you know someone similar in your area?
- Fears development is harming badger community in Hove
- What a stink! Oil, fat and grease cost sewers more than £11m a year
- Free health check offered for Crawley residents
- Ex-Albion player due in court on anti-gay charges