Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
One Billion Rising flash mob in Brighton
12:30pm Monday 18th February 2013 in News
Dozens of women put on their dancing shoes in the centre of Brighton to protest against violence towards females.
Passers-by were shocked by the apparent burst of spontaneous dancing to Tina Turner by the group of women.
But in fact, their moves had been carefully choreographed for two hours earlier for the flashmob.
The protest was inspired by the global campaign which states that one in three women around the world will be raped or beaten in their lifetime.
Video by Jonny Barton
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Update: Lights back on in Preston Circus
- Hospital hires more than 60 nurses from overseas in recruitment drive
- Woman, 85, 'blames herself' after thieves prey on her friendliness to steal £2,000
- VIDEO: Drag racing with a difference along Brighton seafront for Sport Relief
- Bus boss to meet disgruntled passengers over Coldean service
Comments are closed on this article.