A man has been taken to hospital after being rescued from a late night flat fire.
Firefighters were called to the Madeira Avenue property, in Worthing, shortly before midnight last night (February 25).
The man, who is thought to be in his early thirties, was rescued and taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.
An East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said that the blaze was started accidently in the kitchen.
The man’s injuries are not thought to be serious.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- A27 reopens around Lewes after major fire
- Concern that police cuts will hamper ability to combat terrorism
- Abused in Brighton's West Street on a Tuesday evening for being Muslim
- PICTURES: Sherlock actor Martin Freeman adds star touch at cinema launch
- Troubled nightclub closed by council could become flats