A man has been taken to hospital after being rescued from a late night flat fire.
Firefighters were called to the Madeira Avenue property, in Worthing, shortly before midnight last night (February 25).
The man, who is thought to be in his early thirties, was rescued and taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.
An East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said that the blaze was started accidently in the kitchen.
The man’s injuries are not thought to be serious.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Person killed after being struck by a train
- Seagulls £38 million boost for city economy
- Drink driver caught after three mile South Downs chase banned
- Public should not approach wanted man, police warn
- Man, 70, arrested after kebab house damaged in suspected arson attack