A man has been taken to hospital after being rescued from a late night flat fire.
Firefighters were called to the Madeira Avenue property, in Worthing, shortly before midnight last night (February 25).
The man, who is thought to be in his early thirties, was rescued and taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.
An East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said that the blaze was started accidently in the kitchen.
The man’s injuries are not thought to be serious.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Three masked men burst into student house, threaten them and steal their laptops, phones and money
- UPDATE: Squat stabbings - suspects released on bail
- West Pier revival is back on the agenda
- More to pay as council is hit by Government cuts
- Woman airlifted to hospital after head on crash between Land Rover discovery and a Mazda hatchback