A man has been taken to hospital after being rescued from a late night flat fire.
Firefighters were called to the Madeira Avenue property, in Worthing, shortly before midnight last night (February 25).
The man, who is thought to be in his early thirties, was rescued and taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.
An East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said that the blaze was started accidently in the kitchen.
The man’s injuries are not thought to be serious.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Four men arrested over armed raid
- More than 100 cannabis plants found
- Albion fan is banned after celebrating goal on pitch
- Cash boost will finance ‘exciting’ new schemes
- Sixth form college needs more room for science students