A man has been taken to hospital after being rescued from a late night flat fire.
Firefighters were called to the Madeira Avenue property, in Worthing, shortly before midnight last night (February 25).
The man, who is thought to be in his early thirties, was rescued and taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.
An East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said that the blaze was started accidently in the kitchen.
The man’s injuries are not thought to be serious.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Southern strike action politically motivated, claims rail minister
- Residents plea to tackle high levels of drug dealing on three Brighton streets
- Woman jailed after her lies led to innocent man spending five months behind bars
- Southern Railway announce implementation of new emergency timetable
- Council pay £36,000 to hush i360 details