A man has been taken to hospital after being rescued from a late night flat fire.
Firefighters were called to the Madeira Avenue property, in Worthing, shortly before midnight last night (February 25).
The man, who is thought to be in his early thirties, was rescued and taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.
An East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said that the blaze was started accidently in the kitchen.
The man’s injuries are not thought to be serious.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Victory as new owners agree to put back ‘Palace’ to pier name
- Woman raped while walking dog at Devil's Dyke
- Moving tributes to the heroes of battle
- Victims of hate crime speak out after Brexit
- Council make last minute bid for seafront arches cash