A man has been taken to hospital after being rescued from a late night flat fire.
Firefighters were called to the Madeira Avenue property, in Worthing, shortly before midnight last night (February 25).
The man, who is thought to be in his early thirties, was rescued and taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.
An East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said that the blaze was started accidently in the kitchen.
The man’s injuries are not thought to be serious.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Student dies in tragic snorkeling accident while studying abroad
- Man attacked as he walked home with friend
- Brighton swimmer's attempt to tackle the channel has to be abandoned
- CCTV: Man on crack cocaine, heroin and Valium drives to McDonald's
- Teenager burns himself trying to light barbecue with petrol