A man has been taken to hospital after being rescued from a late night flat fire.
Firefighters were called to the Madeira Avenue property, in Worthing, shortly before midnight last night (February 25).
The man, who is thought to be in his early thirties, was rescued and taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.
An East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said that the blaze was started accidently in the kitchen.
The man’s injuries are not thought to be serious.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Woman handed restraining order banning her from gynaecologist
- Death-link crib removed from sale in charity shop
- New commitment to help people sleeping rough
- Missing mother pictured in Tunisian nightclub
- Sussex sees rise in hate crime since EU referendum