A man has been taken to hospital after being rescued from a late night flat fire.
Firefighters were called to the Madeira Avenue property, in Worthing, shortly before midnight last night (February 25).
The man, who is thought to be in his early thirties, was rescued and taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.
An East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said that the blaze was started accidently in the kitchen.
The man’s injuries are not thought to be serious.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Murderer who gunned down man in street after fleeing jail is on the run
- Kyle: I want to work with Corbyn but the Labour Party has to change
- John Lewis development could spark wider improvements in Brighton
- Snowdogs bow wow the crowds on their trail
- High hopes for Strictly Danny after top start on the dancefloor