A man has been taken to hospital after being rescued from a late night flat fire.
Firefighters were called to the Madeira Avenue property, in Worthing, shortly before midnight last night (February 25).
The man, who is thought to be in his early thirties, was rescued and taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.
An East Sussex Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said that the blaze was started accidently in the kitchen.
The man’s injuries are not thought to be serious.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man arrested on suspicion of murder after body discovered in flat
- Road closed after serious crash involving Vauxhall Corsa and parked vehicle
- Police issue safety warning after mystery motorist playing guitar caught on camera
- ‘Beautiful brave Sam’ loses her battle for life
- Weather warning issued - expect strong winds today