Two men have been arrested following a street robbery in the early hours of this morning (February 26).
Police were called after reports a 29-year old was attacked from behind in Charlotte Street, Brighton, at 3.15am.
He was robbed of his wallet and mobile phone.
Police searched the area and arrested two men just ten minutes later.
A wallet and mobile phone were recovered.
The pair are currently in custody for interviews and further enquiries.
The victim was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital to be treated for head injuries but is expected to be discharged later today.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man found unconscious outside Brighton railway station
- Prolific conman on the run after allegedly defrauding lover of £850,000
- Call for greater police presence to stop neighbourhood being turned into "no-go area"
- Department of Health: ‘Allegations of illegally operating ambulances are very serious and need to be investigated’
- Bar explosion: 'We don't know why anyone would want to do this. Thankfully no-one was hurt'