Hove Lagoon Skate Park will host The Goon Best Trick Jam as skateboarders of all abilities battle it out to wow the judges with their skills.
The event on Saturday, April 20 has been organised by volunteers, all skateboarding regulars at Hove Lagoon, with support from Brighton and Hove City Council’s sports development team.
Skater Daniel Reynolds, 15, said: “I have been using the skate park since it was first built and I go there almost every day.”
Council skate park development worker Ricardo Magee Atxukarro said: “The event celebrates the skating community and shows how much has been achieved by the supporters of Hove Lagoon Skate Park.
"This is going to be a fun afternoon for both those taking part and the audience.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Commuters may be hit with fresh strike hell
- Travellers have forced me to close my business, says expectant mum of twins
- Vouchers for parking in Brighton and Hove nearer to being reintroduced
- Four teens questioned and let go over vandalism on £10 million bridge
- Ban on estate agents board to be widened out across city