Hove Lagoon Skate Park will host The Goon Best Trick Jam as skateboarders of all abilities battle it out to wow the judges with their skills.
The event on Saturday, April 20 has been organised by volunteers, all skateboarding regulars at Hove Lagoon, with support from Brighton and Hove City Council’s sports development team.
Skater Daniel Reynolds, 15, said: “I have been using the skate park since it was first built and I go there almost every day.”
Council skate park development worker Ricardo Magee Atxukarro said: “The event celebrates the skating community and shows how much has been achieved by the supporters of Hove Lagoon Skate Park.
"This is going to be a fun afternoon for both those taking part and the audience.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Toyota Yaris driver who crashed with Jaguar on road outside Brighton dies of her injuries
- Man tries to lure school boy, 12, into car and other students have been targeted too
- Parking loophole allows parent to avoid fines by pulling up on a green
- £4m birthing centre will be a ‘home from home’
- Pensioner arrested for attempted murder of 43-year-old woman found with critical stab wounds