Hove Lagoon Skate Park will host The Goon Best Trick Jam as skateboarders of all abilities battle it out to wow the judges with their skills.
The event on Saturday, April 20 has been organised by volunteers, all skateboarding regulars at Hove Lagoon, with support from Brighton and Hove City Council’s sports development team.
Skater Daniel Reynolds, 15, said: “I have been using the skate park since it was first built and I go there almost every day.”
Council skate park development worker Ricardo Magee Atxukarro said: “The event celebrates the skating community and shows how much has been achieved by the supporters of Hove Lagoon Skate Park.
"This is going to be a fun afternoon for both those taking part and the audience.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Albion promotion could be worth £290m if they stay up
- Blue and white army make final preparations for £170 million game
- Don Luck murder accused 'suffering symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia'
- Fatboy Slim hosts school assembly as children put finishing touches to costumes and sculptures for the Children's Parade
- Thousands of patients harmed by mistakes made in hospitals across Sussex