Hove Lagoon Skate Park will host The Goon Best Trick Jam as skateboarders of all abilities battle it out to wow the judges with their skills.
The event on Saturday, April 20 has been organised by volunteers, all skateboarding regulars at Hove Lagoon, with support from Brighton and Hove City Council’s sports development team.
Skater Daniel Reynolds, 15, said: “I have been using the skate park since it was first built and I go there almost every day.”
Council skate park development worker Ricardo Magee Atxukarro said: “The event celebrates the skating community and shows how much has been achieved by the supporters of Hove Lagoon Skate Park.
"This is going to be a fun afternoon for both those taking part and the audience.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Thousands raised in one day after death of Alex Maynard from Brighton
- Parents ‘horrified’ by rape of 14-year-old girl in Ovingdean nature reserve
- Bonfire society to charge an admission fee for the first time to Lewes biggest fireworks night event
- UPDATED: Man in hospital with life threatening head injuries after being hit by lorry on A259
- Saltdean jihadi is "willing to die" to warn-torn Syria