A shop worker is in line for a national award.
Claire Noakes was recognised for her outstanding work towards her Retail Level 2 Certificate in Retail Knowledge at Sussex Downs College in Eastbourne.
Claire was presented with her award at the British Red Cross Shop in Shoreham, where she works as a part-time volunteer.
She has now been shortlisted for the City & Guilds national learner awards– the Lion Awards.
The winners will be announced at a prestigious ceremony at London’s Roundhouse on June 5.
She said: “I returned to learning about five years ago after quite a long time.
"I work as a volunteer at the Red Cross, after working in a Cancer Research shop where I gained my qualifications.
“Working through these and succeeding has really increased my confidence and made me realise that learning is enjoyable even at my time of life.
"Winning this Medal of Excellence has been the icing on the cake. I am over the moon and want to share my experiences with all to show how learning can really be life-changing.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Compensation finally paid to families of two firefighters killed in tragedy
- A27 closed after serious accident involving Nissan and BMW
- Film style heist sees thieves get away with £10,000 worth of stock
- Assessment of Southern Railway's 'force majeure' claim will not be published
- Brighton based YouTube superstar to ditch his own channel