Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Green Party members call for Jason Kitcat’s resignation
12:10pm Tuesday 18th June 2013 in News
The ongoing bins dispute continues to divide the Green Party at both a local and national level.
In a letter, submitted to The Argus, party members from across the country have called on Jason Kitcat to resign.
The letter, which is addressed to the council leader, is now signed by 46 party members.
It reads: “We are fellow members of the Green Party from all over the country who have been watching events in Brighton and Hove with growing horror.”
It goes on to condemn the “pay cuts”
aimed at “modestly paid workers” who do “hard and unpleasant, but essential, work”.
“Unless you are prepared – even at this late moment – to change course, we believe the best thing that you can do for our party is to resign.”
The letter can be found in full on page 11 of today’s Argus.
The Argus contacted both the Green Party leader, Natalie Bennett, and Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas for comment.
So far neither had responded.
- Road chase ends with stolen car crashing into Sussex Police vehicle
- Firefighters scale down Eastbourne Pier operation as police appeal for witnesses
- Robbers jailed after holding up cash van
- Drunk foreign students ‘put themselves at risk’
- Power cut affecting Brighton seafront businesses
Comments are closed on this article.