Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Your 20 most Brighton things to happen ever - results
12:40pm Monday 8th July 2013 in News
Brighton is famed for its weird and wonderfulness almost asmuch as its beach.
And it has not gone unnoticed, with viral media site Buzzfeed producing a list of the “20 most Brighton things to ever happen”.
Their list included Nick Cave, the recent Kate Bush record attempt in Stanmer Park and Shabitat.
But the Argus decided to let its readers come up with their own list of things that are “so Brighton”.
You emailed, Tweeted and commented online to provide some great suggestions.
After some deliberation and debate we have produced the definitive list of the 20 most Brighton things to ever happen.
Some are personal, others are city-wide, but all are very Brighton.
1. Fatboy Slim’s ridiculously brilliant and ridiculously oversubscribed free gig on the beach - the Brighton spirit of happy hedonism shone though! (from Mike Blow)
2. Having the first Green MP and council (via email).
3. Quadrophenia being filmed in Brighton (via comments).
4. The performing of a humanist ceremony at the 7 Dials Elm was one of the most Brighton things I've seen for a while (from Andy Chiles).
5. Matt Whistler’s naked sledge on a tea tray down Southover Street (from Mike Blow).
6. The zombie parade is so Brighton (from Jenny Robinson).
7. Naked bike ride (from @Bowers_89).
8. Volks Railway (via email).
9. Juju’s North Laine sign (via email).
10. I saw a man riding on a vintage child's tiny skateboard in the middle of the road.
#mostbrighton (from Chris Cox).
11. My builder once had to leave early as he had a casting for an acting job!!
#OnlyInBrighton (from Tamzin_online).
12. The man offering free rent in Queen’s Park if you dress up as a walrus (via email).
13. Paddle board yoga - only way that story could be more Brighton is if it were an organic paddle board.
#middleclasshipsters (from Keith Waddington).
14. Adam Campbell's mankini protest to the council (via email).
15. The country’s first nudist beach opening (via email).
16. Disco Pete - Brighton’s oldest raver (from Jojo_gingerhead) 17. People carrying re-useable organic free range veggie fairtrade hemp bags from Infinity Foods! (from Tamzin_online).
18. When I walk to work in the morning, I am often overtaken by a fellow commuter. He is always dressed in a full sailor's uniform and wearing roller-blades! I'd love to know where he works. So Brighton! (from BrightonCares).
19. Brighton Pride (via email).
20. And of course, the legendary Argus bills.
- Our heroes on the streets - veterans among rising homeless in Brighton and Hove
- Fish die after "significant" pollution incidents hit West Sussex
- Rogue lorry drivers targeted in smuggling crackdown
- Kitty in the City needs new van
- Bank robbers strike in Haywards Heath
Comments are closed on this article.