Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Holy smoke! Giant dragon greets readers at Brighton library event
9:00am Saturday 14th September 2013 in News
Bookworms will be getting fired up for a visit to the library this weekend.
Reading buffs making their way into Brighton’s Jubilee Library will be greeted by a six-meter giant dragon made of paper, glue and willow.
The beast’s arrival marks the beginning of the Libraries Services’ contribution to the 2013 City Reads celebration.
It was carried through the city yesterday before taking pride of place outside the library and was created by Bec Britain from local community arts charity Same Sky.
Today, a free drop-in event is being held at the library to encourage families to meet the dragon, talk about reading and add the first dragon scales. The event runs from 11am to 4pm.
- Special report: Will your MP take an 11% pay rise?
- Jury continues deliberations in rent boy 'murder'
- Wife of jailed Brighton marine ‘overwhelmed’ by support
- Bird species in sharp decline in Sussex
- Father Scotty McGill tells of horror after being attacked by machete in street
Comments are closed on this article.