Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
First Sussex drink-drive suspects named
The first drink-drive suspects have been named as part of a Christmas crackdown.
Just hours into a police campaign seven people were arrested and later charged with drink-drive related offences.
Chief Inspector Natalie Moloney said: “This campaign will help make the roads safer by reducing accidents and getting drink-drivers off the roads.”
- Jamie Wrigley, of Northway Road, Wick, was the first to be charged after police were called to a crash in which a Ford Fiesta hit a bridge in Kirdford Road, Wisborough Green. The 22-year-old was charged with failing to provide a specimen of breath, driving with no insurance, threatening behaviour and resisting arrest. He is due to appear at Worthing Magistrates’ Court on January 14.
- Chipo Maposa, 46, of Elm Drive, Hove, was arrested after a silver Astra was seen swerving in Church Road, Hove, hitting a lamppost in First Avenue, at 12.25am on Sunday. She was charged with failing to provide a specimen and was released on bail to appear at Brighton Magistrates’ Court on December 12.
- Jonas Grabauskas, 21, of Horsham Road, Crawley, was arrested after a police patrol stopped a vehicle pulling out of a car park and into Victoria Mews in the town at 1.30am on Sunday. He was charged with driving while under the influence of drink, driving without insurance and driving other than in accordance with a licence and was released on bail to appear at Crawley Magistrates’ Court on December 11.
- Susan Turner, 51, of Pryors Lane, Bognor Regis, was arrested at 3.05am on Sunday by officers at a police spot check in Sefter Road in the town. She was charged with failing to provide a specimen and released on bail until January 14.
- Jessica Haigh, 21, of Hill Road, Fareham, was arrested on the A259 in Bognor Regis after her vehicle was stopped by police at 4.15am on Sunday. She was charged with drink-driving and released on bail until January 14.
- Danny Saunders, 27, of Salvador Close, Eastbourne, was stopped at a police spot check in Castle Road, Pevensey, at 8am on Sunday. He was charged with failing to provide a specimen and released on bail until December 20.
- Justin Ashby, 46, of Langdale Road, Hove, was arrested at 3.45pm on Sunday at The Level in Brighton after a vehicle was seen being driven on the pedestrian pathway. He was charged with drink driving and released on bail until December 19.
Police can be texted with the details of drink or drug driving suspects, along with the car make and registration number, on 65999.
If you know someone is driving after drinking or taking drugs call 999.