Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Thieves target catalytic converters in East Grinstead
3:36pm Monday 9th December 2013 in News
Car owners are being told to be wary of thieves ripping catalytic converters from their vehicles.
Sussex Police are investigating a spate of six catalytic converter thefts from people carriers in East Grinstead outside the motorists’ homes overnight on Thursday.
Thieves targeted a VW Sharan, two Ford Galaxys, one Seat Alhambra and one Peugeot Expert, all parked outside or near the owners' addresses and the following morning.
The converters were removed by pipe cutter from the underside of the vehicles.
Police have funded an initiative where residents can get catalytic converters marked and fitted free of charge from the Kwik Fit garage in London Road, East Grinstead.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via 101 or email email@example.com quoting serial 0376 of 6/12.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Brighton mechanic crushed after 2.5 tonne car falls on him
- Cyclist fighting for life following seafront bus shelter crash
- Bradley Murdoch reportedly drops appeal following conviction for murdering Peter Falconio
- Hand grenade discovered in garden
- Man perches on 25ft drop for three hours
Comments are closed on this article.