Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Gritters out to treat icy Sussex roads
10:28am Sunday 29th December 2013 in News
Gritters are out this morning after a worse-than-expected frost.
Sussex Police reported a number of slips and bumps on the roads this morning across the county - though no major collisions were reported.
A police spokesman said: "Drivers and pedestrians are advised to take care becasue the roads are pretty icy.
"We've had lots of low-level slips but thankfully no major incidents.
"The frost was a bit more than predicted."
One lane of the A27 has been closed due to hazardous driving conditions after an earlier accident.
The A27 Westbound between Arundel Road and A280 / A2700 Titnore Lane (Patching) is waiting to be gritted.
Argus web editor Peter Truman was sporting a grazed leg after slipping on black ice during his cycle to work this morning.
He said: "People should be careful, its very icy out there - as I can testify."
- You're hired - The Argus campaign smashes apprenticeships target with 67 youngsters taken on by firms
- Busy junction plunged into darkness due to substation fire
- Two people suffer smoke inhalation after dishwasher fire in Eastbourne
- Fire crews called to burning car in Peacehaven
- Two vans destroyed in suspected arson in Eastbourne
Comments are closed on this article.