Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Murder inquiry launched after woman found dead in Sussex
8:03am Tuesday 31st December 2013 in News
A murder inquiry has been launched after a woman was found dead in a house in Bosham, near Chichester,.
The 55-year-old woman was discovered with a serious head injury in the property at Smugglers Lane at 9.50am yesterday.
A post mortem has yet to be carried out on the woman but her death is being treated as suspicious.
It is being investigated by detectives from the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team.
The woman is yet to be formally identified.
Detective Chief Inspector Jon Fanner said: "At this stage we are keeping an open mind as to the motive but we are appealing for witnesses who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area from late afternoon on Sunday 29 December to around 9am on Monday 30 December.
"Please call us if you know anything, no matter how insignificant you might think it is. It could be important to the investigation.
"This is a rare incident for Bosham which is a safe area.
"We have increased our neighbourhood policing patrols in the village and if anyone has any information or concerns, I would urge them to speak to one of the officers who are there."
Anyone with information should ring 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Operation Ensign.
- Update: Lights back on in Preston Circus
- Fears for male victims of domestic violence as figures show lack of reporting crime
- Hospital hires more than 60 nurses from overseas in recruitment drive
- Woman, 85, 'blames herself' after thieves prey on her friendliness to steal £2,000
- VIDEO: Drag racing with a difference along Brighton seafront for Sport Relief
Comments are closed on this article.