Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Armed police at suspected siege in Peacehaven
Armed police are at the scene of a suspected siege in Peacehaven.
Officers and paramedics are currently gathered outside a block of flats in Trafalgar Close off Roderick Avenue.
A man has just been led by police from the building.
The drama started at about 10.30am with neighbours gathering outside to watch but being held back by a cordon.
People were prevented from entering or leaving properties in the area.
Police dogs and officers in tactical gear are at the scene.
A police spokesman said: "Armed police officers are at a flat in Peacehaven where a man reported that a woman was being held at gunpoint on Thursday morning.
"Police were called to Beresford House in Trafalgar Close at 9.24am.
"At 10.43am a woman was brought out of the property, followed by a man at 11.10am.
"The man was arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon (a knife) and the woman has been taken to a local police station to assist police with their enquiries."
Superintendent Grenville Wilson added: "We are confident that there is no danger to the public and the incident has been contained. The allegation has not been substantiated and no firearm has been recovered at this time."
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Fears man found dead in industrial estate 'skip' could have been accidentally crushed after getting in a bin
- Blonde-haired man on bike flashed at 12-year-old
- Police pay tribute to Community Support Officer who has stepped down after a 10 year career
- Man charged with shouting racist abuse at Asian shop staff
Comments are closed on this article.