Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Delays on Brighton to London mainline following electrical problem
7:21am Friday 3rd January 2014 in News
Delays are expected on the Brighton to London mainline this morning (January 3) following an electrical problem.
The power fault at South Croydon is affecting rail travel between Gatwick and East Croydon.
First Capital Connect, Southern and Gatwick Express services are all facing delays. A spokesman for Southern, said: “Services between South Croydon and East Croydon are subject to delay, alteration and possible cancellation owing to an electrical problem in the South Croydon area.
“At present one of two London - Bound lines are currently blocked.”
The delays come just a day after the annual rail price hike.
- You're hired - The Argus campaign smashes apprenticeships target with 67 youngsters taken on by firms
- Busy junction plunged into darkness due to substation fire
- Two people suffer smoke inhalation after dishwasher fire in Eastbourne
- Fire crews called to burning car in Peacehaven
- Two vans destroyed in suspected arson in Eastbourne
Comments are closed on this article.