Delays are expected on the Brighton to London mainline this morning (January 3) following an electrical problem.
The power fault at South Croydon is affecting rail travel between Gatwick and East Croydon.
First Capital Connect, Southern and Gatwick Express services are all facing delays. A spokesman for Southern, said: “Services between South Croydon and East Croydon are subject to delay, alteration and possible cancellation owing to an electrical problem in the South Croydon area.
“At present one of two London - Bound lines are currently blocked.”
The delays come just a day after the annual rail price hike.
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over