It is a classic children's game, but for one man being stuck in the mud was not so much fun.
The Broad Oak resident had suffered a broken leg but was trapped in his garden in thick mud and flowing water.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service was called in by South East Coast Ambulance service at 6.15pm on Friday, January 3.
Firefighters managed to free the man, who was then taken to hospital by ambulance.
Sussex Police also attended the incident.
- Retail giant creates 100 jobs
- Green councillor changes mind on boycott of Israeli good and services
- Publisher denies creditors’ claims
- ‘Blinding’ lights disturb families
- Man's hunt for his missing best friend