A man was punched and had a gold chain ripped from his neck in an aggressive street robbery.
A 20-year-old man was walking in West Street in Brighton between 3.45am and 4.15am on Saturday January 11 when he was approached by two men who started speaking to him before launching an attack.
He was punched, the gold chain was torn from his neck and his mobile phone was taken.
The two offenders then ran off but were chased by other people and one suspect was detained in North Street a short time later.
A 19-year-old from Kent, he was arrested by police on suspicion of robbery and has since been released on bail until March 8.
Anyone who saw what happened or who has other information is asked to phone Sussex Police on 101 or email: email@example.com, quoting serial 218 of 11/1.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Agency staff fees hit £22m at three Sussex councils
- Council clerk sacked after VAT blunder
- Popular nightclub loses licence after complaints about noise and anti-social behaviour
- Meeting will discuss sale of old school
- ‘Ghosts’ spotted in Lanes twitten