Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Mayor of Worthing's picture perfect portrait did not cost a penny
Updated 7:49am Tuesday 21st January 2014 in News
One politician has proved you don’t need to spend a fortune to get a portrait done.
Several high-profile MPs are under the microscope for paying thousands of pounds of taxpayers’ money commissioning official portraits of themselves.
But Worthing mayor Bob Smytherman has proudly displayed his portrait that he got for free.
Coun Smytherman commissioned local artist James Chasteauneuf to paint the piece for nothing.
It was unveiled at the Mayor’s carol service on December 9 and is now on display in the Mayor’s parlour.
- Inferno which severely damaged flat started accidentally
- Calls for pub to be closed after series of offences
- Spilt party drug at Brighton police station causes major alert
- Fire fighters kept busy by string of arson attacks
- Rumpus councillor is still working for Green Party MEP
Comments are closed on this article.