Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Mayor of Worthing's picture perfect portrait did not cost a penny
6:10am Friday 17th January 2014 in News
One politician has proved you don’t need to spend a fortune to get a portrait done.
Several high-profile MPs are under the microscope for paying thousands of pounds of taxpayers’ money commissioning official portraits of themselves.
But Worthing mayor Bob Smytherman has proudly displayed his portrait that he got for free.
Coun Smytherman commissioned local artist James Chasteauneuf to paint the piece for nothing.
It was unveiled at the Mayor’s carol service on December 9 and is now on display in the Mayor’s parlour.
- Crews tackle chimney fire in Barcombe
- Arson probe after Brighton bench set on fire
- Brighton man rescued after setting his supper on fire
- Missing Crawley teen found "safe and unharmed"
- Newhaven and Bognor given millions of pounds to regenerate towns
Comments are closed on this article.