One politician has proved you don’t need to spend a fortune to get a portrait done.
Several high-profile MPs are under the microscope for paying thousands of pounds of taxpayers’ money commissioning official portraits of themselves.
But Worthing mayor Bob Smytherman has proudly displayed his portrait that he got for free.
Coun Smytherman commissioned local artist James Chasteauneuf to paint the piece for nothing.
It was unveiled at the Mayor’s carol service on December 9 and is now on display in the Mayor’s parlour.
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over