Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Man, 20, charged with firearms offences following raid
A 21-year-old has been charged with firearms offences following a raid.
Jobless Liam Hussey, of Parkway, Crawley, has been charged with possession of a prohibited weapon and possession of ammunition without a certificate, both offences contrary to the Firearms Act 1968.
Hussey appeared at Crawley Magistrates’ Court on January 20, and was remanded in custody to appear at Lewes Crown Court on February 13.
A police spokesman said: “In the early hours of January 19, detectives from Sussex Police executed a search warrant at an address in Parkway, Crawley.
“The search led to the recovery of a revolver and six rounds of ammunition. Police Firearms Officers also attended and ensured that the weapon was made safe.”
- Fire service deal with chemical incident at Brighton police station
- Bushes to be kept high to hide gay cruising
- Bar's licence under threat after reports of drug use, under-age drinking and sexual assault
- Piano at Brighton station moved - because it is too noisy
- Neighbour asks council to pull down classroom
Comments are closed on this article.