Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Man, 20, charged with firearms offences following raid
A 21-year-old has been charged with firearms offences following a raid.
Jobless Liam Hussey, of Parkway, Crawley, has been charged with possession of a prohibited weapon and possession of ammunition without a certificate, both offences contrary to the Firearms Act 1968.
Hussey appeared at Crawley Magistrates’ Court on January 20, and was remanded in custody to appear at Lewes Crown Court on February 13.
A police spokesman said: “In the early hours of January 19, detectives from Sussex Police executed a search warrant at an address in Parkway, Crawley.
“The search led to the recovery of a revolver and six rounds of ammunition. Police Firearms Officers also attended and ensured that the weapon was made safe.”
- Newhaven and Bognor given millions of pounds to regenerate towns
- Councils preparing to set standard by raising flag for Commonwealth
- Carpentry teacher is a man with a mission and worthy Local Hero
- You're hired - The Argus campaign smashes apprenticeships target with 67 youngsters taken on by firms
- Busy junction plunged into darkness due to substation fire
Comments are closed on this article.