Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
VIDEO: Grandmother's sorrow as Rottingdean house pulled down after fire
6:00am Friday 31st January 2014 in News
A grandmother described the demolition of her childhood home as a “sad day” after it was pulled down following a fire.
Mary Venturi’s family home in Marine Drive, Rottingdean, was badly damaged in an arson attack in November and yesterday a mechanical digger came in to finish the demolition job.
Her parents bought the house in 1957 and lived there until their deaths in 1986.
Mrs Venturi, who owns the Trellis restaurant in Rottingdean High Street, said the police had a “couple of leads” in tracking down the culprits, but no arrests had been made.
The site will now be redeveloped with three new houses being built.
Mrs Venturi said: “It is a sad day but it had to go.
“Obviously I would like to find out who did it and for them to be punished but that’s not always possible.”
- Friend describes teen fairground ride horror
- Police defend tactics at anti-fracking protest after MP criticism
- Union’s plea to help save 125 job cuts
- ‘Eyesore’ tower to be revamped in multi-million pound plan
- Taking home Miss Sussex title
Comments are closed on this article.