A traditional feast of haggis, neeps and tatties has raised more than £80,000 for charity.
The annual Burns Night celebration organised by wholesaler Palmer and Harvey was held at The Grand in Brighton and attracted more than 250 tartan-clad revellers.
The Hove-based firm, their suppliers and guests joined together in raising a toast to Scotland’s favourite poet, including representatives from the event’s main sponsors Mars, Mondelez, JTI, PepsiCo, Britvic, Wrigley and Coca-Cola Enterprises.
The event capped another successful 12 months of fundraising by the firm for Grocery Aid following a London-to-Paris bike ride, which raised almost £120,000.
- Teenage burglar convicted for second time in a week
- Stop-smoking figures down year on year
- Motorcyclist who died on the A29 named
- Mother who was drunk whilst looking after her two-year-old son ordered to complete 60 hours of community service
- Water company releases untreated waste water into the sea to prevent widespread flooding