Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton Burns Night Celebrations raise £80,000
12:00pm Sunday 2nd February 2014 in News
A traditional feast of haggis, neeps and tatties has raised more than £80,000 for charity.
The annual Burns Night celebration organised by wholesaler Palmer and Harvey was held at The Grand in Brighton and attracted more than 250 tartan-clad revellers.
The Hove-based firm, their suppliers and guests joined together in raising a toast to Scotland’s favourite poet, including representatives from the event’s main sponsors Mars, Mondelez, JTI, PepsiCo, Britvic, Wrigley and Coca-Cola Enterprises.
The event capped another successful 12 months of fundraising by the firm for Grocery Aid following a London-to-Paris bike ride, which raised almost £120,000.
- Riot police raid Brighton squat after man found with head injuries
- Mystery over body found at recycling centre
- Investigation launched following violent incidents in Worthing
- Man to appear in court accused of racially abusing a shop worker in Eastbourne
- Concern over missing 15-year-old Jake Gillespie
Comments are closed on this article.