Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton Burns Night Celebrations raise £80,000
12:00pm Sunday 2nd February 2014 in News
A traditional feast of haggis, neeps and tatties has raised more than £80,000 for charity.
The annual Burns Night celebration organised by wholesaler Palmer and Harvey was held at The Grand in Brighton and attracted more than 250 tartan-clad revellers.
The Hove-based firm, their suppliers and guests joined together in raising a toast to Scotland’s favourite poet, including representatives from the event’s main sponsors Mars, Mondelez, JTI, PepsiCo, Britvic, Wrigley and Coca-Cola Enterprises.
The event capped another successful 12 months of fundraising by the firm for Grocery Aid following a London-to-Paris bike ride, which raised almost £120,000.
- Crews tackle chimney fire in Barcombe
- Arson probe after Brighton bench set on fire
- Brighton man rescued after setting his supper on fire
- Missing Crawley teen found "safe and unharmed"
- Newhaven and Bognor given millions of pounds to regenerate towns
Comments are closed on this article.