Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Foal dies in boggy land in Hailsham
4:53pm Sunday 9th February 2014 in News
A foal has died despite the best efforst of specially trained fireifghters to rescue it.
A specialist animal rescue team of East Sussex firefighters were called in to rescue a foal which had become trapped in boggy ground near to the refuse tip in Station Road, Hailsham, at just before 1.50pm this afternoon.
Crews attempted to free the young horse using rope and a crane in a two hour operation but the animal sadly died.
- Woman who died following 'interaction' with police officers in Brighton named as Kelly Pearson
- Man killed after being struck by train at Moulsecoomb named as Mark Ellis, 29
- Teen who was struck by car on M23 as he fled from police is still critically ill one month on
- The Argus and City College '50 in 5’ apprentices drive nearing target
- Police called to fox pelt draped over Newhaven phonebox