Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Newhaven sex offender jailed for impregnating 15-year-old
12:33pm Thursday 27th February 2014 in News
A sex offender who impregnated a 15-year-old girl has been jailed.
Adam Willmore has been jailed for two years and eight months on appeal after pleading guilty on three counts of sexual activity with a girl under 16 between July and September 2012 which resulted in the 15-year-old victim becoming pregnant.
The 23-year-old, of The Crescent in Newhaven, was sentenced at Hove Crown Court earlier this month to three years but had the sentence reduced on appeal yesterday.
He is also subject to a ten year Sexual Offences Prevention Order (SOPO) severely restricting his access to children and will remain on the Sex Offender Register indefinitely.
Detective Constable John Steven said "The victim in this case was vulnerable and her life has changed forever, something which cannot be undone.
“The sentence imposed will ensure that the risk from this man is minimised and emphasises that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated.”
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Eastbourne Pier fire: The latest updates
- Former PCSO found guilty of stealing from passengers at Gatwick Airport
- Man left with cuts and bruises after being attacked in front of his wife and children
- Man left with broken eye socket after being attacked by two men
- Flooded residents told: Don't blame it on the drains
Comments are closed on this article.