Bike company director 145th person to be charged in Sussex Police drink-drive campaign (From The Argus)
Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Bike company director 145th person to be charged in Sussex Police drink-drive campaign
Updated 1:22pm Friday 28th February 2014 in News
A bicycle company director has become the 145th person to be charged with offences as part of the Christmas drink and drug-drive crackdown.
Andre Nimri was arrested at 10.40pm on December 10 after he was found sitting in a car in Lottbridge Drove in Eastbourne.
The 26-year-old, of Castle Rise in Uckfield, has been charged with being in charge of a vehicle while unfit through drugs and released on bail to appear at Hastings Magistrates' Court on April 9.
Jonathon Chitty was arrested at 11.55pm on December 30 after his car was stopped in High Street, Uckfield, and officers could smell cannabis.
The 42-year-old, of Old School Close in Ringmer, has been bailed to appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on April 3.
You can text officers on 65999 with the details of people you suspect of drink or drug driving, along with their car make and registration number.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Violence spike did not occur during World Cup – Sussex Police
- Victims told to choose the punishment for their tormentors
- Drugs mule who attempted to smuggle 70 bags of cocaine into Gatwick Airport is jailed
- Man dies after plunging 30ft from cliff
- Investigation launched after man dies three days after police arrest