Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Lottery winner in Brighton and Hove claims nearly £600,000 prize
5:13pm Friday 28th February 2014 in News
A lottery winner has finally come forward to claim their half a million pound prize more than a month after the draw was made.
Camelot UK Lotteries Limited has announced that a £577,348.50 prize from the EuroMillions draw on January 17 has now been claimed by an anonymous Brighton and Hove resident.
Last month a £1 million winning Euro Millions ticket bought in Brighton and Hove went unclaimed after six month deadline expired.
A National Lottery spokesman said: “We're delighted that the winner of this amazing prize has now come forward and we hope that they will enjoy their win.
“It would have been awful if the ticket-holder had missed out on this substantial and life-changing amount of money.
“We would like to remind all National Lottery players to check their tickets every time they play.”
- Sussex Hospitals prepare for rise in patients due to heatwave
- Mother facing jail for neglect after being found drunk at 11.30am
- Hundreds of jobs at risk after supermarket chain pulls out of development
- Travellers arrive at Black Rock in Brighton
- Sussex coast Wind farm plans ‘harmful to birds and environment’
Comments are closed on this article.