Robbers used tools to smash into a cash machine but were left empty-handed.
Officers believe at least two men, armed with tools, smashed the front of a cash machine in Eastbourne High Street sometime between 1am and 3am on Wednesday February 12 before leaving empty-handed after being disturbed.
Detectives are keen to talk to two witnesses including a man wearing a black rucksack on his back and a woman wearing black clothing and boots who went to use the machine separately before walking away.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 87 of 12/2.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over