A new Waitrose store opened its doors in Hove this morning.
The high-end supermarket chain took over the former Co-operative shop in Nevill Road.
The opening has created a 50% boost in jobs with 40 new positions in addition to the 80 Co-op staff.
Nigel Keen, director of development at Waitrose, said: “We have wanted to open a shop in Hove for a long time and are looking forward to becoming part of the local community next year and welcoming the new employees to Waitrose and the John Lewis Partnership.”
Waitrose will be launching its Community Matters and Partner Volunteering schemes in Hove, which will see £12,000 and 250 hours donated to local causes nominated by customers each year.
- MP's warning on new 'severe' terror alert
- Company given £15,000 fine for asbestos work
- Pensioner hit over the head with crowbar
- VIDEO: Thieves raid ‘Aladdin’s cave’ of wine for £20,000 of posh plonk
- Disappointment as Lancaster is pulled out of show