Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
New Waitrose supermarket in Hove opens its doors
Updated 3:56pm Thursday 10th April 2014 in News
A new Waitrose store opened its doors in Hove this morning.
The high-end supermarket chain took over the former Co-operative shop in Nevill Road.
The opening has created a 50% boost in jobs with 40 new positions in addition to the 80 Co-op staff.
Nigel Keen, director of development at Waitrose, said: “We have wanted to open a shop in Hove for a long time and are looking forward to becoming part of the local community next year and welcoming the new employees to Waitrose and the John Lewis Partnership.”
Waitrose will be launching its Community Matters and Partner Volunteering schemes in Hove, which will see £12,000 and 250 hours donated to local causes nominated by customers each year.
- Teenager dies after being hit by train
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Detectives treating blaze as suspicious
- Cameron tells Eastbourne council: Spend £2 million how you want
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Business owners were uninsured
- Man dies after his dog is involved in a fight
Comments are closed on this article.