Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Shipping container used as playground by kids goes up in flames
7:44am Friday 11th April 2014 in News
A shipping container caught fire just minutes after children were seen playing in it.
Fire crews from Preston Circus and Hove were called to a blaze in an ISO container at the back of shops in Moulsecoomb Way in Brighton at 6.30pm last night.
Firefighters were at the scene for more than three hours but fortunately no one was injured in the incident.
A firefighter said: “All the doors were closed on the container and smoke was coming out which is always an issue because if you open the doors and introduce oxygen there is a risk it will go bang.
“It may sound a simple but it was quite dangerous.”
- Drugs mule who attempted to smuggle 70 bags of cocaine into Gatwick Airport is jailed
- Man dies after plunging 30ft from cliff
- Investigation launched after man dies three days after police arrest
- Gang steals watch with connection to Auschwitz
- Refurbished park gets coveted Green Flag status in record-breaking year
Comments are closed on this article.