A woman is critically ill after falling in Waitrose.
The 32-year-old Hove woman fell just after 6.30pm on Wednesday in the store's branch in Western Road, Brighton.
A Sussex Police statement said: "It was reported that a 32-year old Hove woman had collapsed while shopping in Waitrose and had sustained a serious head injury.
"She was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in what was initially assessed as a criticial condition.
"The incident is being treated as an accident and not suspicious and there is no police investigation. Her next of kin are aware."
A South East Coast Ambulance spokesman said: "We were called at 6.30pm to Western Road Waitrose to reports of woman who was unconscious. "She is believed to have suffered a fit and then sustained a head injury.
"We sent two ambulances and a car to the scene and the woman was taken to Royal Sussex in a serious condition.”
A Waitrose spokeswoman added: "We can confirm that sadly there was an accident in our branch on Wednesday evening when one of our customers suffered a head injury.
Our thoughts are with our customer and her family."
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over