Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Dancers battle it out at festival
Updated 4:30pm Saturday 12th April 2014 in News
Dancers from across Sussex descended on a school theatre to battle it out in a special week-long festival.
From hip-hop to tap, ballet to modern, dancers of all ages and genres performed in front of judges at the annual Sussex Festival of Performing Arts.
The competition began on April 6 at Crawley’s Hawth Theatre with a series of group dance categories before organisers headed down to the Windmill Theatre at Hove’s Blatchington Mill School.
Dancers aged from four to 18 battled it out for the top spot in 120 categories.
There was also a special visit from an award-winning dancer from Gibraltar and dancers from Slovenia.
One of the organisers, Jo Arnett, said: “The standard has been incredible.
“We have had dancers compete who have performed in Billy Elliot in the West End. It has been fantastic.”
- Family announce the death of actress Dora Bryan
- Man dies after collapse outside restaurant
- Van driver airlifted to hospital after crash
- Family call for death crash police officer to be sacked
- Council will act over 1,000 name petition on ‘atrocious toilets’
Comments are closed on this article.