Man given emergency first aid after fire in pub

The Old Vine Pub in Wadhurst (Pic: Google Streetview)

The Old Vine Pub in Wadhurst (Pic: Google Streetview)

First published in News
Last updated

A man had to be given emergency first aid after a fire in a pub.

One man has to be taken to hospital after inhaling smoke during the fire at the Old Vine pub in Cousley Wood Road, Wadhurst.

The blaze began just before 11.30pm on Saturday in the kitchen of the pub. It is believed the fire started in the tumble dryer.

The man, described as middle-aged, needed emergency first aid from the firefighters after being "overcome" by the smoke.

Fire crews asked for assistance from the electricty board while tackling the blaze.

It is unknown if the fire was caused by tea towels in the tumble dryer - a phenomenon that has been the source of several fires in Sussex in the past year. 

Curse of exploding tea towels strikes again

The Argus: The Holly Tree pub. Picture taken from Google Streetview.

10:30am Wednesday 9th April 2014

A woman living above a pub had a lucky escape after tea towels ignited in a tumble dryer.

Brighton cafe becomes the latest victim of exploding tea towels

The Argus: Fire at OhSo bar on Brighton seafront

12:37pm Monday 11th November 2013

Another cafe has been hit by the strange phenomena of exploding tea towels.

Exploding tea towels warning after Brighton fires

The Argus: Phillip Taylor and Amanda Powley outside Terre A Terre

3:50pm Thursday 18th October 2012

A fire chief has warned of the danger of ‘exploding teatowels’ after the dangerous phenomenon struck twice in a single day in two Brighton commercial kitchens

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree