Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Thousands have flocked to Worthing Pier's transformed Southern Pavilion in its first weekend
4:26pm Monday 21st April 2014 in News
More than 3,000 people took in the new art deco surroundings on a historic pier in its first weekend.
The newly-refurbished Southern Pavilion on Worthing Pier has been inundated with customers wanting to check out the new 1930s cafe interior.
Phil Duckett, the businessman behind the refurbishment, said 100 people were waiting on Friday morning for the cafe to open while more than 300 people came in on Sunday afternoon once the morning rain clouds had cleared.
The pavilion will be open the rest of the week between 9am and 5pm and then until 8pm on weekends, with later opening times to be announced through the summer.
- Robber jailed after break-in was transmitted via Xbox
- Family announce the death of actress Dora Bryan
- Man dies after collapse outside restaurant
- Van driver airlifted to hospital after crash
- Family call for death crash police officer to be sacked
Comments are closed on this article.